Текущее время: 27-04, 11:46

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа

Автор Сообщение
СообщениеДобавлено: 22-08, 04:26 
Site Admin

Один ресурс в Интернете содержит следующее

Цитата:
Aboru Aboye Abosise O,

I would like to clear the air about Ode Remo and the incorrect statements that Iyanifa would be done within its lineage. I recently visited home and received notice from the Araba that it is not done within our lineage because our ancestors did not perform tefa for women.

If anyone would like to discuss this I am open for discussion.

Ire O

Awo Ifatoba Abayemi Adesanya

So in this sense I agree, that Iyanifa - tefa is not performed in Ode Remo. Ode Remo has a functioning Iyaami Egbe, they have not lost touch with the ancient traditions of the people. Perhaps the women there do not have the same need as the women in other townships.

Iya Alawonile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply by Awo Ifatoba Oduwole Abayemi Oguntola Adesanya Awoyade on August 16, 2008 at 11:56am

The Araba would be the only one in Ode Remo. The Iyanifa ceremony is not done because it was never done in this lineage. I made this statement to just clear the air about this ceremony because some mention that it is done in Ode Remo.

Ire O

Awo Abayemi Ifatoba Adesanya

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply by Ifaronke Olatunji -Aresa on August 16, 2008 at 12:12pm

okay I am familiar with sode a marriage of the woman to her husband Ife this is related to our it is done in lucumi. The woman takes care of her husband Ifa.This is where one ikin comes from for women .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Ode Remo it would be different form that would mean Sode but your correct its a way for a women to receive the protection needed from Ifa and to have Ifa within her life.

The one ikin method I wouldnt know about within Ode Remo but the importance would be to clear any rumor so that they would not lose their history or methods which would be the wished of their Ile and ancestors.

Ire O

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In certain parts of W.Africa, like the Remo areas (ie. Ode, Isara, Ikene,Ogere,Iperu, Shagamu etc) they commonly do not perform Tefa for women AND in fact the only people getting full set of Ikin are initiated Awo Ifa, the only women who have direct access to Ifa are the Apetebi, and the Sode rites are performed for them where they give Ide with gbere and other things, they wash Ikin, feed it with her husbands Ifa, then cast her Odu, all of which are the same rites performed in Lukumi Sode ceremony outlined in OdiMeji, making a women Apetebi Ifa (yet not actually married to an Awo but to his Ifa), the only difference is in the Remo areas, these single Ikin are added to her husbands actual Ifa bowl, and worshiped there, in Cuba the women would have their Ikin in their own bowl, whether married to the Awo or not.
(BTW in some lineages the Apetebi can cast Opele, even though never Tefa, but all these women can recite Ifa and perform the ceremonial rites of Apetebi)

So what is the major difference that many people complain about ???
it comes down to educating ones self and stop trying to find differences on both sides of the Atlantic, and start looking for what unites us all, the worship of Ifa

Ela moyin 'boru, Ela moyin 'boye

Ifaloju
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aboru Aboye Abosise O,

It is important to look at the main picture which would be the use and worship of Ifa within our lives. I believe that even when some would have taboo and some do not it would still be important to actually maintain the ways of ones lineage as it was performed by their own fore fathers.

I make this point not to divide but rather to assist in the maintainment of tradition within Ode Remo. Some in the States claim it is ok and perform these rituals under the usage of the name Adesanya and the Araba of Ode Remo.

I think sode like any other would be different from location to location and the same with Iyanifa ceremony.

The reasons that I have heard from various lineages on why a women should not do tefa mainly would be for their own safety. It is said that once a women does tefa she would not be able to bare a child and her motherly nature would be compramised due to this ceremony.

Ire O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Ode Remo they would receive a complete hand because Ifa is for everyone but its priesthood is for men only in Ode Remo.

I have some information on why but I would like to gather permission first from Ifalola Adesanya the son of the Araba.

Ire O

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that for the most part many as Ifaloju stated do not fully learn one system and stick to that one as a whole...it would be many systems mixed into one which is not good when lineage is of major importance and one must stay within their ways and ways of their ancestors.

I am a young Awo but one that believes in learning from ones elders as they learned from their own and fore fathers.

I do not want to mention names but I understand your concern and that is what we share. It is just a small effort to clear the ways and truths of Ode Remo in concerns to Iyanifa and its tradition. If one was to initiate a Iyanifa that would be accepted but they must make it clear that they did not follow this from Ode Remo.

Ire O
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа